Washing Machine pt.1
In November 2010, the washing machine (LG top-loading, WF-T755A) became sad. It clunked around when trying to spin, in spite of a small and fairly balanced load. Then it stopped trying.
- Removed power and water supply
- Removed the top lid assembly, which contains the control unit; 2 screws at back, 2 at top front
- Removed the top guard from above the tub; 4 screws.
- Removed plastic cap from “hub cap” in base
- Removed screw securing plastic base to shaft
- Removed plastic base (I think it lifted, with some wiggling..?)
- Found 3-armed hub on which the tub was mounted, though at least two arms were broken – perhaps all of them? (Sorry, it was 3 years ago)
- Took photo
- Lifted tub out
- Struggled for some time attempting to undo the nut holding the hub on the axle. Eventually succeeded using a combination of Stillson wrench and a shifting spanner. Getting a grip was awkward due to confined space (handle can’t be too long).
- Searched online, ordered a replacement hub!
- Reassembly was easier. All good until 2013.